Wednesday, March 10, 2010

R.I.P. Corey Haim

1971-2010

Folks, I am absolutely saddened by this news. Due to an apparent accidental OD, Mr. Haim is not with us anymore. Though his movies were pretty much forgotten halfway through his career let us honor him for the delectable buffet of classy ones he left behind for us to enjoy and digest for the years to come.

Thank you Corey Haim. Thank you for being a part of my childhood and hanging out with me every Friday night after school. Your role in Silver Bullet left me thirsting for more and watching you endure as a Lost Boy only induced emotions of excitement and adventure. Watching your films will never be the same now. And I just cannot believe this incredibly melancholy news. You will be missed my friend. You will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. Just heard about this, sad circumstances indeed. He will be missed but never forgotten for his contribution to film. Actually, I'm feeling a little Lost Boys is in order for tonight.

    Here's to you Haim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Just sent you an email about this very thing; hadn't checked the blog comments yet. We should definitely watch The Lost Boys tonight in his honor.

    ReplyDelete